I’ve been trying out email clients for a while now and I’ve not been too happy with any. I’m looking for something that gives me the following:
- Multiple accounts with a unified inbox
- Gmail-style threading (time-sorted and flattened)
- Fast (both to receive messages and for user interactions)
What I’ve tried:
- Gmail’s online interface
- Apple Mail
mutt(guide for how to use it with
What I’m currently using:
offlineimapfor archiving / backup
mufor command-line search
- Mail Pilot for composition and organization
- Gmail on iOS
- Triage for checking non-Gmail accounts and sorting (archive/keep) large amounts of email.
Mail Pilot’s scheduling features are nice, but it is very buggy and slow. Additionally, the clever foldering it uses makes it difficult to use with other email clients.
If I had an email client that did the above, but also seamlessly incorporated RSS/Atom feed reading, XMPP chat, and SMS I’d be elated. Maybe I should go back to